Friday, July 30, 2010

3rd Trimester, Baby Shower, and JOY!



I did not fall off the end of the internet, things have been soooooooooo busy around here. 
First, we are in the third trimester!  I really have a hard time even thinking that without getting teary.  I never thought that we would be here, so close to holding our son.  Guess I forgot to do that whole big post.  We are having a boy and we could not be more excited! 
Second, I had the most amazing baby shower EVER!  Being surrounded by so many people who love us and who already love our son was just amazing.  We are so lucky that so many people in our lives have been so accepting of whatever fertility decisions we have made.  Really, I could not have designed a better group of people if I tried.  Having so many of them in the same room was just something I will never be able to describe and I am not even going to try.
I will give you a few highlights and pictures!!
My sister and mom playing Mad Hatter Croquet!  My sister is also wearing one of the aprons I made for my guests.

Just pure joy!  The night before the shower a bunch of my friends came to my house to get the final touches done.  Nothing like making centerpieces with 2 pairs of scissors and 1 wire cutter!
My sister, my Nana, Sabrina, my mom and me!
I am so lucky that I still have my Nana to share this with us.  She kept looking at Sabrina and saying, "That is my baby."  Nothing could have made that moment more perfect!

I am just so lucky to have so many amazing people in my life.  3 of my friends from high school came from out of town, we had a blast being together.  So many other people were there and it was a BLAST!

I have so much more to talk to you all about and I promise I am going to get better at coming by here.

21 comments:

Circus Princess said...

Oh joy!! Time is running fast and before you know it your baby boy will be in your arms :) Looks like an amazing baby shower!

Kristin said...

Jaymee, I can not begin to express how happy I am for you. Both this post and the last one gave me chills (in a good way) to read.

BB said...

Reading what your Nana said makes me teary eyed! Great grand kids arr so special! My Nana will be coming to see our twins in Sept - I am so excited!

I am so happy for you all! (HUGS)

athena said...

:D :D :D

Allison said...

Jaymee, I am so elated and tremendously happy for you. I can remember back being where you are right now. It still did not seem real. And sometimes even though Emma is here, it's still unbelievable. They are such a joy and true miracles. As I look at Emma over there in her swing, I know you will have so much joy in your heart when your little boy comes. I loved the pics, you all look so very happy. You are looking great!

Can't wait to see your new baby boy!

Big hugs!!!!!!!

Saige said...

That is so awesome. I love all of the pictures. Everyone looks so happy and like they are having such a great time. I am glad that life has brought this blessing to you. I also hope you made out like a bandit. ;)

Anonymous said...

Yea!! Thanks for the update! I've been wondering about your journey. Your shower looks like it was full of laughter! Congrats on everything!

rarejule said...

happy happy joy joy...

Rachael said...

I am just so happy for you!

MyLifeMyWorld said...

Wow, the pics are amazing! I'm so glad your on your way to seeing your son...just a few more months to go!

Last trimester woot, woot, 2/3rds down, last one to go!

Anonymous said...

I just found her registry :) http://www.toysrus.com/registry/index.jsp?messageKey=expired&overrideStore=TRUS

Louise said...

I agree w/ Circus Princess - it won't be long now!
So happy for you and so touched by your wonderful shower. Too bad we don't have the same tradition here in Sweden...
I might just have one myself just for the party! :)

Skye Kilaen said...

BlogHer been trying to get in touch with you by email, please contact me as soon as you get this.

Thanks,
Skye Kilaen
BlogHer Publishing Network
skye at blogher dot com

Anonymous said...

35 weeks, Mama. Time for an update!!

Anonymous said...

35 weeks, Mama. Time for an update!!

rager4me said...

Becoming a Surrogate Mother can be rough at times, but the challenges are rewarding. It takes a lot to be one, however, surrogate mothers should be proud of what they are doing.

Unknown said...

just visit our website and know more about surrogacy
http://surrogatemothersinindia.com/

manis said...

Bangalore best surrogacy center and best surrogacy in india

Wenni Donna said...

Wow, just love this baby shower. So cute theme!! Wish I'd been to this party. At one of the local event venues Chicago I too would be hosting a grand party for my sister. She loves Disney themes so I think I would be choosing a Disney theme for this shower. Not sure about the theme yet but I hope that will decide on it soon.

Spam Patrol said...

A business has posted a spam comment to this blog post. The link in the comment goes to a website that submits over 100 comments per day to blogspot sites with a link to their site as an opportunity to make their site look more popular to search engines like google. If you read the comment and look at the link they inserted, you will notice it is not helpful to your readers and it doesn't even make sense to be linked other than for their own business needs. If you would like to mark it as spam to prevent them from using you, follow the instructions here: https://support.google.com/blogger/answer/187141?hl=en

Anonymous said...

تنظيف مكيفات سبليت بالرياض
عروض غسيل مكيفات