Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Not Again, Never Again

As some of you will remember, a very good friend of mine almost lost her daughter Hazel almost six months ago. Hazel swallowed a battery, which lodged in her throat for a number of days. Thankfully, Hazel is now an active little girl and doing just fine. Sadly, Elaina Redding and her family do not have a happy ending to their story. My heart is breaking for the Redding family and all families that are affected by this tragedy.

Please help us get the word out about these batteries. Children are dying. Taking the time to pass this one could save a life. Pass this story along, and hug the children that you love just a little tighter.

10 comments:

Rhonda and Gerry W said...

Oh my, Jaymee thank you for that truly enlightening post. How horrific for these families.

Brooke Meyenberg said...

Oh my heart goes out to the Redding's. I can't imagine...

I am absolutely amazed we don't hear more about the serious danger (before your Dec. post I had no idea).

I'm with Rhonda, Thank you Jaymee for spreading the word again. :)

Beautiful Mess said...

How horrible! Many prayers are going out to the Redding family. Thank you for spreading the word.
*HUGS*

looking4#3 said...

I am not sure if this is the same family or not, but I just watched this yesterday morning on the news!! I had NO idea these could be so harmful. Aside from the chocking aspect, I didn't know the batteries "burned"!!
Thank you for helping to bring awareness to this.
I will be sure to keep the Reddings in my prayers!!!
ICLW

In Due Time said...

That's horrible. :-( Thanks for the reminder.

emilythehopeless said...

wow.. that is just so incredibly sad.

Lollipop Goldstein said...

We removed all of those cards from the house (the twins know better, but I'm worried about a friend's child) and asked people to never send them. It's heartbreaking.

FET Accompli said...

Thanks for bringing awareness to this.
Just wanted to introduce myself - I am also on a surrogacy journey (here's my blog: http://fetaccompli.blogspot.com/). I saw your name on the ICLW list and wanted to say hello (haven't yet added my name to one of the lists.)

A Mom in Jacksonville, FL said...

So unbelievably tragic! Thanks for sharing...I never knew the damage that batteries could cause internally. Devastating!

Amanda said...

im just seeing this now, jaymee. thank you.